- Get your charcoal started ahead of time. This will take the full 30 min to light so you’ll want to make sure you account for this.
For charcoal lighting tips, check out our getting started videos.
- Set your grill to 275°F and get it set for indirect cooking. Add in cherry wood for a sweet smoke flavor.
- Smoke the patties indirectly for 20 mins, then season them with SPG blend.
- Sear the patties over direct heat for 2 mins each side, then move back indirectly.
- Add pizza sauce, cheese and pepperonis then close the lid and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Assemble the burger on a toasted brioche bun with more pizza sauce and enjoy!