- Get your charcoal started ahead of time. This will take the full 30 min to light so you’ll want to make sure you account for this.
For charcoal lighting tips, check out our getting started videos.
- Take 1 baguette, cut off the top ⅓ and hollow out and remove the bread in the bottom ⅔ of the bread.
- Place 1 cup of pepper jack cheese in the bottom, then place 1 lb of 80/20 burger on top of it and season it with your favorite burger rub
- Place on the grill meat side down and grill over direct heat for 5-10 mins.
- Flip over on the bread side, then remove to indirect heat and cook for another 10 mins until internal temp reaches 165°F.
- The last 10 mins, place fresh grated cheddar cheese on top with crispy bacon
- Cut bread into 2 inch slices then top with ketchup, mustard and pickled Jalapeños
- Serve on a dish and enjoy!