- Get your charcoal started ahead of time. This will take the full 30 min to light so you’ll want to make sure you account for this.
For charcoal lighting tips, check out our getting started videos.
- While your coals are getting hot, prepare your chimichurri in a bowl. Add your cilantro, oregano, parsley, peppers, onion, and lime.
- Add olive oil and vinegar into the bowl of ingredients and mix it evenly. Set this aside and apply once the tri-tip is complete.
- Now, lay out your tri-tip cut and season with the Pitmaster Spike Rub.
- Make sure your Nomad is between 250-275 and smoke for about 40 min.
- You’ll now want to check the internal temperature of your tri-tip. Once it reaches 100 sear until it reaches 115-125 internally and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and dress with the shishito chimichurri. Enjoy!