- Get your charcoal started ahead of time. This will take the full 30 min to light so you’ll want to make sure you account for this.
For charcoal lighting tips, check out our getting started videos.
- Slice the onion into 1/2 inch slices
- Place 1/4 pound of burger on the inside of a large sliced onion.
- Form a hole in the middle and insert a smaller onion that will fit on the inside of the larger onion.
- Season the burger with your favorite burger rub, then carefully wrap with some bacon. Season all sides of the bacon using one of your favorite BBQ rubs.
- Smoke the stuffed onion rings at 275°F for 60 minutes using Nomad Fire & cherry wood.
- Brush BBQ sauce on the outside of the bacon for the last 15 minutes.
- Remove it from the smoker once the sauce tacks up and the burger reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Serve them up with Wahl Sauce and enjoy!