- Get your charcoal started ahead of time. This will take the full 30 min to light so you’ll want to make sure you account for this.
For charcoal lighting tips, check out our getting started videos.
- While those coals are getting hot, lather each turkey leg with mayonnaise as a flavor binder and generously season with your mixture of salt, pepper, garlic, and chile powder.
- Bank your coals to the vent side of your cookbox and place your protein on the opposite side of the cooking grate (offset). Close your NOMAD and make sure all vents are open. You’ll want to make sure your temperature is between 250-300 degrees.
Feel free to add wood chips if you’d like to add an extra layer of smokey flavor
- Once the internal temperature of your turkey legs has reached 135 degrees, pull off and set aside. Next, wrap your turkey legs in foil with 1-2 slices of butter and rosemary sprigs to trap in extra moisture and flavor. Throw back onto the Nomad and pull off once the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- (optional): leave the grill open and spread those coals and sear the turkey legs for a nice added crust.
- Gobble up! It’s dinner time.
Goes great with a honey butter cornbread and our garlic roasted potatoes.