- Step 1: Get your charcoal started ahead of time. This will take the full 30 min to light so you’ll want to make sure you account for this.
For charcoal lighting tips, check out our getting started videos.
- Make a saline solution to soak in and draw out the blood and all the impurities of the bone marrow. (1 tbsp of salt for every 1 cup of cold water. )
- Soak the bones refrigerated for 12-24 hours then scrape away any extra tissue hanging to the outside of the bone.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Allow sitting for about 20 minutes or the time you need to grill the bones.
- Spread some olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper on the marrow bones.
- Spread your coals evenly and grill for about 20-30 minutes or until the marrow turns golden brown.
- Mix well with the Chimichurri sauce.
- Serve on toasted french bread or on a medium rare piece of steak. Enjoy!