- Get your charcoal started ahead of time. This will take the full 30 min to light so you’ll want to make sure you account for this.
For charcoal lighting tips, check out our getting started videos.
- Before you start grilling the lettuce, grill your bacon to a desired crisp. Once done, chop and set aside.
- You’ll then slice the baguette into circles and lightly oil. Grill for about 1-2 min each side until toasted. Set aside and chop for homemade croutons.
- Slice each romaine heart down the center to split into two pieces. Slather with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill each romaine 1 minute each side or until the salad gets a nice char.
- Remove from the flame and top with parmesan cheese, bacon, olive oil, lemon juice & zest. Trim into smaller pieces and serve with homemade croutons. Enjoy!
Charred to perfection! This will soon be the only way you eat your greens.