- Get your charcoal started ahead of time. This will take the full 30 min to light so you’ll want to make sure you account for this.
For charcoal lighting tips, check out our getting started videos.
- Mix all the dry rub ingredients together.
- Season the ribs on both sides generously.
- Once the charcoal is ready, drop it off under the grate, add a few wood chips and close the lid with an open vent. The target temperature on your grill should be 300°F.
- Place the ribs on the grates, meat side up, and close the lid.
- Mix apple cider vinegar and water together in a food safe spray bottle.
- After about one hour, flip the racks to meat side down. Check them every 10 minutes and spray some apple vinegar to keep them moist.
- Once they have a good looking color and tenderness; brush both sides and grill for another 5 minutes. Enjoy!