- Get your charcoal started ahead of time. This will take the full 30 min to light so you’ll want to make sure you account for this.
For charcoal lighting tips, check out our getting started videos.
- Season your ribeye with a salt, pepper garlic blend
- Smoke steak at 225F for 20 mins.
- Grill over direct heat on both sides until desired doneness. Pull this steak at 125F and let it rest for 10 mins.
- Add to a skillet, add: 2 tbsp butter, 4 oz sliced portobello mushrooms, 1/2 onion and let it cook on high heat for 5 mins until they begin to soften.
- Add 1 tsp fresh thyme, 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- Add 1 tbsp flour and let it cook for 2 mins
- Add 2 tsp Worcestershire, 1/4 cup red wine, 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream and cook until it thickens
- Assemble steak on toasted ciabatta bread: This layer of cream sauce on the bottom, thinly sliced ribeye, 2 slices of swiss cheese, mushroom cream sauce on top. Enjoy!