- Get your charcoal started ahead of time. This will take the full 30 min to light so you’ll want to make sure you account for this.
For charcoal lighting tips, check out our getting started videos.
- Heavily season your tomahawk with your favorite beef rub
- Sear the tomahawk over direct charcoal on your grill for a few mins each side then move it to indirect and smoke it at 275°F with hickory wood chunks.
- In a bowl, combine the following ingredients to create your parmesan herb crust: 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 3 cloves minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, 1 tablespoon of fresh Thyme, 1 tablespoon of fresh Rosemary, 1 tsp each salt & pepper, 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Remove steak from the grill once the internal temp reaches 125F (medium rare) or to your desired temp.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan and rest for 15 mins
- Slice against the grain and enjoy!