- Get your charcoal started ahead of time. This will take the full 30 min to light so you’ll want to make sure you account for this.
For charcoal lighting tips, check out our getting started videos.
- While those coals are getting hot, shuck and rinse your corn. Save yourself the trouble and rinse the corn thoroughly to ensure all the corn silk is removed. Oil each corn with a teaspoon of olive oil and season with the listed ingredients.
- Carefully dice tomato, red onion and cilantro and place in a separate bowl. This will be used later on once the corn & lobster are grilled.
- One last step before grilling - you can either cut each lobster tail in half or butterfly them. Next, lightly oil and season with the listed ingredients.
- Time to grill! Place your corn and lobster on the grate for a nice char. Whether you butterflied or cut in half, you’ll want to start grilling them meat side down first. The lobster tails should take 4-5 min each.
Flip your cast cooking grate to veggie basket mode so those corns don’t roll off the grill.
- At this time you want to carefully slice the corn and transfer into your bowl with the prepared vegetables mix. Add your chopped grilled lobster followed by mexican crema, parkay, lime juice, cotija cheese and one more serving of the seasoning ingredients. Mix thoroughly until each ingredient is evenly distributed.
- Boom! You did it. Now you can enjoy with tostadas or if you’re looking to impress the crowd, strategically plate the lobster elote in each lobster shell.
This recipe has everyone asking for more at the end. So don’t be scared to double up this delicious one-of-a-kind recipe.